Operations Manager Vacancy
Position Title: Operations Manager
Location: Nottingham (city centre)
Working Hours: 27.5 core hours per week plus on-call hours
Terms: One-year fixed term initially, with potential to become permanent
Remuneration: £25,000 per annum pro-rata plus on-call payments
Due to the rapid growth at Radiant Cleaners, we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join us. You will be one of two managers co-working with members of our team. You will be pivotal in ensuring the business operates efficiently and provide leadership for employees and across our client accounts, informing continuous improvement initiatives and shaping the future of our business. The role demands the ability to manage and influence key stakeholders, outstanding interpersonal skills, a professional and proactive approach as well as attention to detail.
Radiant Cleaners, a part of Grace Enterprises, is an award-winning, socially responsible cleaning company helping to transform lives! We provide tailored support and jobs for employees to overcome their barriers to employment and to succeed in the workplace. We lead by example in providing professional cleaning services while being an excellent employer to those most at risk of exclusion from the job market.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of Radiant Cleaners
· Act as key account manager for client contracts
· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with client contacts in order to effectively communicate and resolve queries and issues, including site-visits
· Build and maintain client, employee and other stakeholder relationships, ensuring they receive the best service possible
· Ensure operational excellence of the team is maintained and that all contractual service level agreements are met
· Direct management of a team of approximately 15 colleagues with varying contracts and working patterns
· Manage staff recruitment and onboarding process
· Schedule rotas and workforce planning on a weekly basis
· Forecast requirements and manage expenditures in line with agreed budgetary constraints
· Maintain company’s security and safety standards, policies and procedures, ensuring these are adhered to including regulatory compliance
· Advise the Managing Director, Board and other relevant colleagues on business decisions, providing operational recommendations and updates to strategic plans, implementing related action plans
The ideal candidate:
· Exceptional communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and lead people
· Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
· Proven ability to spot and solve problems in a proactive way, delegate effectively to others and prioritise events
· Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision and work well with others developing trusting relationships
· Possesses a ‘can do’ attitude and approaches challenging situations in a positive and enthusiastic manner
· Committed to ensuring that all practice and engagement with others is free from discrimination and adheres to equal opportunities legislation and organisational policies
. Understands the aims and ethos of Grace Enterprises and is committed to the vision
What we have to offer:
· Competitive salary
· Pension scheme
· Flexible working
· On-site parking
· 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but growing company. Inclusion and diversity are a key part of our culture, we’re working together to build a more inclusive and diverse workplace and shape a culture that embraces people from all backgrounds, experiences and orientations.
Monday to Friday rotating between:
· 9am-3pm (plus 3 hours AM on-call) and
· 11am-5pm (plus 2.5 hours PM on-call).
Weekend on-call availability on a three week rotation.
For more information on our on-call policy, please contact Roger Doxat-Pratt
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a one-page supporting statement matching your skills to our ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org. These will be used for shortlisting. The closing date is Tuesday 21st September 2021. Interviews are scheduled to take place in the week commencing 27th September 2021.
Recruitment will be subject to safeguarding procedures including a Declaration of Suitability and a Basic Disclosure Check.